When do I need to involve Workcover?

There are many types of disputes that arise when an injured worker makes a claim for Workers’ Compensation.
In our experience the most common types of disputes are:

  1. Your claim has been pended or declined.
  2. You do not agree with the rate of compensation being paid.
  3. Your treatment expenses are not being paid.
  4. The insurer has declined to fund treatment recommended by your doctor or specialist.
  5. You have received a notice that your weekly payments are going to be reduced or ceased.
  6. You are not satisfied with your return to work program.

If a dispute has arisen in relation to your Workers’ Compensation claim and proceedings are commenced at Workcover, the insurance company will be represented by a very experienced claims officer or legal representative.


What we can do for you

  1. We will provide you with an honest assessment of your claim.
  2. We will provide you with an experienced lawyer who will represent you at Workcover.
  3. We will advise you of potential outcomes so you can make an informed decision.
  4. We will provide you with a settlement advice, if appropriate.
  5. We will negotiate with the insurance company or its lawyers to achieve the best outcome for you.

Our law firm specialises in Workers’ Compensation litigation. Our Worker’s Compensation lawyers have extensive experience representing injured workers at Workcover.

If you require legal advice regarding issues related to proceedings at Workcover, call us for assistance and speak to one of our experienced lawyers on (08) 9486 8088

Read our Latest Articles

Call us to discuss your claim.

We understand your legal needs and we provide accurate and practical legal advice that is effective.
Call to request an obligation-free initial consultation.