Navigating the workers’ compensation process in Western Australia can be difficult, for any employee. The best way to ensure that you are fully informed about your rights and obligations is to speak to an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer. You need to choose a lawyer who works exclusively in this field, and who has experience in dealing with the complex laws in WA.
Know Your Rights
Injured workers are often not aware that they have rights and obligations under the Western Australia workers’ compensation laws. Even those injured workers who are aware they have rights and obligations are not sure what they entail. For this reason, you need to make sure you choose the right workers’ compensation lawyer, to ensure the best outcome for your claim.
How to Prepare For Your Appointment
How to prepare before speaking or meeting the lawyer:
- Write down a list of questions to ask the lawyer.
- Prepare a detailed account of how the accident happened and the injuries you sustained.
- Get copies of all medical reports from your treating doctors.
- List all the expenses you are claiming.
- Have to hand any correspondence from the workers’ compensation insurer.
A few important questions to ask:
- What experience does the lawyer have in workers’ compensation matters?
- How long has the lawyer been in practice?
- How often does the lawyer attend Workcover?
- Who else would be working on your case?
- How will you be kept informed of developments in your case?
- What are the chances of success or failure of my case?
- Did the lawyer provide prompt and courteous responses to your questions?
- Did you get straight answers to your questions?
- Did the lawyer listen to you or did the lawyer seem preoccupied?
- Is the lawyer someone with whom you would be comfortable working?
- Are you confident the lawyer possesses the skills and experience to handle your case?
After speaking with the lawyer, you should ask yourself the following questions:
Choosing the right workers’ compensation lawyer to represent you is one of the most important decisions you can make. The right lawyer will ensure your rights are protected, make others accountable for your injuries and maximise your compensation.
Perth Workers’ Compensation Experts
At Perth City Legal we are devoted to only workers’ compensation claims. By focusing our practice solely on workers’ compensation cases, we can advise on a broad range of issues and develop and execute strategies in an area of law that is ever-evolving.
Read our testimonials and see what our client’s think about the way we dealt with them and their claims. This may be a very anxious time for you and you need a lawyer who you can trust and who you believe is working in your best interests, every step of the way.
If you need legal advice please call Perth City Legal for a free confidential consultation.