Journey claims are not usually covered by workers’ compensation in Western Australia. If a worker leaves home and travels straight to work and is involved in a motor vehicle accident, generally they will not be covered for workers’ compensation.
Which journeys are covered?
- You will generally be covered if you are travelling from home to the airport for a trip as long as long as the journey to the airport is for your employment.
- If you are visiting a client office.
- If you are “on call” and are required to attend an emergency situation at your employer’s direction.
Which journeys are NOT covered?
- Travel to work and travel home from work.
- If you have more than one place of residence then travel between those places will not be covered.
- If you are directed by your employer to attend a meeting at a client’s office and you interrupt that journey to attend to a personal matter you will not be covered.
Motor vehicle accidents – workers’ compensation and the Insurance Commission of Western Australia
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident you may be eligible to claim workers’ compensation payments and damages if your injuries were caused by the negligence of another driver.
Consult Perth City Legal
To know the best course of action if you’re injured in a motor vehicle accident going to or from work, please contact workers’ compensation and motor vehicle accident lawyers at Perth City Legal.
We’re ready to provide you advice and the legal expertise you need to make your claim confidently.